Sysax Product Forums / Sysax Multi Server / Bugs and Feature Requests / Sysax Multi Server
Posted:  07 Nov 2008 08:57
When I connect to the ftp site (using Filezilla client or through XP file explorer) my modified date does not match that of the actual file on the host PC.
How can this be fixed?
Thanks
Posted:  07 Nov 2008 09:04
Is the modification date always off by a few hours? If so, how many hours is it off by?
Posted:  07 Nov 2008 10:03
Attachment: filename matches a previous file. (0 kb); filename matches a previous file. (0 kb)
Posted:  07 Nov 2008 10:08
Can you try the same thing with the console directory listing and the command line ftp program that ships with all versions of windows? This should provide more details on what is going on.

Here is how to do it

local directory listing:
Open a command prompt (Accessories->command prompt) and change to the local folder and list the contents like this:
c:\> cd c:\myfolder
c:\myfolder> dir

remote ftp listing:
c:\>ftp
ftp>open
ftp>cd myfolder
ftp>dir

Can you tell me what results you are seeing?
Posted:  07 Nov 2008 10:12
It is not off by a couple of hours. Is seems like it caches the modified date of the file when it was created or copied into the FTP folder. Any modifications or over-writing will retain that first date as long as the filename matches a previous file.

Please refer to printscreens below.

The 1st picture shows you what the file details are when connected via ftp.
   The 2nd picture shows you what the file details are when browsing the host PC itself.

The original Sysax setup file was dated 15/7. I made a copy of the file, which now has a modified date of 23/09. After over downloading the file again, dated 23/09, I copied the file into the ftp directory and chose to over-write the file. The new file retained the date of the original file, 15/07. 
Attachment: filename matches a previous file. (0 kb)
Posted:  07 Nov 2008 10:16
We have finally been able to understand and resolve this problem. So here is what is happening:
Sysax server was sending the file creation time instead of the file modification time. In windows explorer, the modification time is displayed by default (In windows explorer, if you right click on the file name and select properties, you can see the creation time, modification time, and last access time of the file)
Also, Sysax server sends out the time in UTC/GMT and it looks like your time zone is +2 hours of UTC/GMT. So the time looks okay.
We have a major Sysax server release scheduled for early next week and the fix for this (send out modification time instead of creation time) will be available in that release. This is a free upgrade and I will notify you when this is available for download.
Posted:  07 Nov 2008 10:20
Thank you very much for the great service! I'm looking forward to hearing from you regarding the new release.
Posted:  07 Nov 2008 10:24
I just wanted to let you know that the latest version of Sysax Multi Server available for download from the sysax.com website contains the fix for the problem that you reported.

Copyright © 2021 Codeorigin, LLC - All Rights Reserved.
XML RSS 2.0 XML Atom 1.0