Sysax Product Forums / Sysax Multi Server / Bugs and Feature Requests / AD groups supported?
Posted:  07 Nov 2008 10:43   Last Edited By: sysaxsupport
I see that Windows (Active Directory) user accounts are supported. Are AD groups supported? If so, how would you input that into the configuration?
Background:
Our existing SFTP software supports both AD users or AD groups, but doesn't support FTPS; that's why I'm researching your product. 
Additional question: Does it support remote UNC paths for directories?

Can you use AD groups to define folder access rather than

individual AD users? The following link shows how to "create a customer user account" (did you

mean "custom" instead of "customer"), but it doesn't show you how to use AD users/groups.
http://www.sysax.com/server/multiserver/ch04s05.html
Awaiting your reply...
Posted:  07 Nov 2008 10:45   Last Edited By: sysaxsupport
Management of active directory accounts and groups needs to be performed outside of Sysax Server using windows administration tools. When a user attempts to connect to the server, Sysax server will query the windows subsystem to identify account and group permissions.
Remote UNC paths should be supported.

The URL that you referred to did refer to creating custom user accounts that are specific to

Sysax Server. But I did ask our developers about support for AD groups and they were wondering

if there were any applications that did support AD groups explicitly. They seemed to think that

this would have to be supported implicitly by Windows.
If this is something that other vendors are actively supporting, our developers are open to implementing this ...

Copyright © 2021 Codeorigin, LLC - All Rights Reserved.
XML RSS 2.0 XML Atom 1.0