Sysax Product Forums / Sysax Multi Server / Bugs and Feature Requests / Questions from evaluation of the product
Posted:  07 Nov 2008 12:48
I have just downloaded your trial software and I have a few questions for you.
1. If I have multiple IP addresses assigned to my server and I only want to use a specific IP address for services enabled by this product, how would I do that? This is important because same ports are already in use for different IP addresses (e.g., 80 and 443).
2. I want to use Windows accounts for logon but I only want certain people to be able to logon. How would I restrict who can logon?
3. I do not want profile folders to be home folders for this. I want to manually specify the root where home folders are created. It would be great if the user's home folder is automatically created in this root with full privileges for the user. I see the option that allows Windows logon but uses Sysax account settings. Your documentation does not explain how to do that. Please provide more information.
4. What is the difference between "SSH2 based Secure Shell and SFTP" and "SSH2 based SFTP only"? Are there different mechanisms used for accessing the server on port 22?
Thanks,
Posted:  07 Nov 2008 12:51
I appreciate your interest in Sysax Multi Server. To answer your questions.
1. You can restrict the server to specific IP addresses. The current graphical interface does not have an option to specify an IP address but this is expected to be added in the next release. You can currently edit the sysaxservd.fsi file located in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Codeorigin\SysaxServer" and add the ip address in the blank line after "My FTP Server" at the beginning of the file.
2. You can try using the "Windows logon but use Sysax account settings" option for the user accounts you want to disable and then disable all protocols for the account.
3. You can use the "Windows logon but use Sysax account settings" option and then specify a valid path. We expect to update the documentation in our next release.
4. "SSH2 based Secure Shell and SFTP" allows remote shell logins and sftp access while "SSH2 based SFTP only" allows only sftp access.
Posted:  07 Nov 2008 12:53   Last Edited By: sysaxsupport
The option to add all users and disable access is not practical because there are more than 1000 users who don't need access but 10 do. I would prefer to have the option to add users who specifically need the access and deny everyone else. When the next release available?
Posted:  01 Dec 2008 10:51
I wanted to provide you an update on the availability of the next release. The next update will be available by the end of the week and will contain the option to restrict the server to listen to one specific ip address. It will also have the ability to block or allow only a list of specific user accounts.

Copyright © 2021 Codeorigin, LLC - All Rights Reserved.
XML RSS 2.0 XML Atom 1.0