Sysax Product Forums / Sysax FTP Automation / Bugs and Feature Requests / Scheduler dying
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 06:56   Last Edited By: sysaxsupport
I have a license for a copy of "Professional Edition of Sysax FTP Automation" that appears to only allow one copy of the program to be running on the network an a time.
One workstation has a problem with the Sysax scheduler stopping and it appears to happen around the time a second workstation with the same license uploads files to a remote server. This application is split up with upload happening from one computer and the download happening from a second computer. The reason I bought this second license was to make sure it wasn't the license manager causing the program to die. Please let me know if this is a new feature or if I need to look into another reason for the scheduler dying.
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 07:00   Last Edited By: sysaxsupport
How did you determine that the scheduler service was stopped? Was there any message in the log file?

------------------------------------------------
Server FTP and Secure File Transfer solutions
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 07:05
The problem may be corrected. I have been evaluating the Sysax FTP system to automate a number of file transfer operations we have with our customer. The test case has one computer watching a transfer directory every 30 minutes. When files are found it then does an FTP transfer to a remote server and deletes the original files. A second computer polls the remote server every five minutes to check if finished work is present for download. If present it downloads the files and deletes the original ones on the server. Approximately once a week the scheduling program on the download computer would die. Observed by not contacting the server every five minutes. No downloads would happen after that point.

Since this was a test case I only had a single license for Sysax. Does your license manager inhibit two instances of Sysax from running at the same time on two different computers? I purchased a second license and installed it on the download computer. So far I have not had the problem of the second system dying. If the license manager doesn't inhibit the second instance from running then there is probably still a problem. Attached is a copy of the download script I am using. Just a brute force download.
Thanks,

Attachment: FinishedWorkDownload.fscr (0 kb) 
Sorry, attached is the script.
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 07:08   Last Edited By: sysaxsupport
I don't expect this to be a licensing related issue. Is the scheduler running only a single task or are there multiple tasks scheduled at the same time?
Also, when a scheduler dies, what do you do to get it running again?
It looks like the attached script did not come through correctly. Could you please resend it?

------------------------------------------------
Managed File Transfer Solutions

Copyright © 2021 Codeorigin, LLC - All Rights Reserved.
XML RSS 2.0 XML Atom 1.0