Sysax Product Forums / Sysax Multi Server / Bugs and Feature Requests / Sysax Multi Server
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 10:38
I'm trying to start an ftp server on port 50 but when I click the "start server" button I get the message: "attempting to start server" and it freezes. I have included the program in the Windows (Vista 64-bit edition) firewall. What can the problem be?
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 10:43
What does the server log say? The server log is located in the logs subfolder in the installation folder.
Does the server work fine when you turn off the firewall?
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 10:48
I think I've found the problem. I looked in "services" in the control panel of Windows Vista and found a service on another program running. When I stopped that service and started the Synax Multi server service it worked fine. I still can't start the server from the Synax control panel though. The message:
"attempting to start server" appears and after a while the program do not respond.

I have another larger problem. I've created several different accounts for my friends to use but no one of them can enter the server. They get an error message that says that the server isn't online/reachable.
When I login from my computer with their accounts it works fine though.

What can I do?
I have a no-ip.com account and a program that surveys my dynamic IP-adresses. The synax multi server is included in the Windows firewall "exception"-list. My server is laying on port 50 and my friends have been able to reach it before.
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 10:53
If the port is already used by another service, then Sysax Multiserver cannot get access to this.
For external access, you may need to unblock port 50 from the firewall. Does everything work when the firewall is turned off and you restart the server?
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 10:58   Last Edited By: sysaxsupport
It's working fine when the firewall is turned off. I'm gonna open up my port in the firewall.
The multiserver control panel can still not get control over the port even if the firewall is turned off though. It seems like the I have to control the server through "service's" in Windows control panel. That's ok for me though.

Would you like to send me a personal license key for the Sysax Multi server?
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 11:04
I will pass on the problem with the control panel to our developers. You can get the free personal edition license by filling in the license request form at our website.

Copyright © 2021 Codeorigin, LLC - All Rights Reserved.
XML RSS 2.0 XML Atom 1.0