Sysax Product Forums / Sysax FTP Automation / Bugs and Feature Requests / scheduled job disappeared in FTP Automation
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 13:14
We have some problem for Sysax FTP Automation recently. Some scheduled ftp jobs suddenly disappeared from the schedule without any error, just like they encountered the end date. Could you help to find the reason and solution for the problem? There is no change on the local and remote system.
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 13:15   Last Edited By: sysaxsupport
Were these tasks scheduled as recurring tasks or one time tasks? Also, did a log file get generated for these tasks? Also, could you email us a copy of the sysaxsched.ssi file?
Was this problem noticed an any specific machine or was it randomly happening across machines?

------------------------------------------------
SFTP Server for Windows
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 13:15
I have attached the ssi files for three servers which got the errors. The tasks are recurring tasks. There are log files generated. However, after the scheduled task disappeared from the schedule, the message was stopped to be generated at the same time without error message
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 13:16   Last Edited By: sysaxsupport
From the ssi files, it appeared that you had some tasks running every 10 minutes and some tasks every day and every week. Which of the tasks did you have problems with?
Also, was only one instance of recurring task skipped or was the task itself removed from the list of scheduled tasks?
Finally, is this repeatable or does this happen randomly?

SFTP Server Windows
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 13:16
I encountered the problem again. Please see the message below. The problem happened randomly on different instances. The problem is quite critical.
LMCC Datafuel FTP did not pick the file. On investigation I found that the datafuel ftp process is missing for LMCC and it was last run yesterday at 9am. We need to get the vendor to investigate on this ASAP
I have added the process and now you should be able to see that it is transferred.
Could you help on it ASAP? The problem is quite critical.
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 13:17   Last Edited By: sysaxsupport
Here is the latest update from our side.
Our developers ran several tests using multiple scheduled recurring tasks and were not able to reproduce the case of any missing tasks. So it appears that we may need to ship you a debug version that when run on your machine will hopefully log information on the error condition. How acceptable is it on your side to run a debug version of the product?

FTP Server for Windows
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 13:25
We are willing to run the debug version. Could you provide the link for me to download and guides about how to use it?
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 13:26
Before you try out the debug version, there is one thing that I need to point out. The scheduler is designed to stop running tasks whenever the scheduler control panel is left open. This allows tasks to be added and deleted cleanly. Can you confirm that the control panel window was not left open when you had the problem with the scheduler?
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 13:27
The scheduler control panel is closed when the problem happen. Just some task missing.
Before you try out the debug version, there is one thing that I need to point out. The scheduler is designed to stop running tasks whenever the scheduler control panel is left open. This allows tasks to be added and deleted cleanly. Can you confirm that the control panel window was not left open when you had the problem with the scheduler?
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 13:28   Last Edited By: sysaxsupport
In that case, please try to see if you can reproduce the problem with the debug version of the product.
You need to download the following file

and place this in the installation folder.
Next, you have to go the the services panel and stop the "Sysax Scheduler Service".
Finally, open a dos prompt, change to the installation folder and run sysaxsched.dbg.exe /debug
A debug log file will be created in the same folder. Please send us this log files after the scheduling problem happens again.

After the FTP debug version doesn't work and all scheduled tasks stopped working, please see the attached log file from FTP debug.
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 13:29
Thank you for sending us the log file. Also, did the dubug program crash when it stopped working. If so, do you have the crash dump? Also, were there any changes in the system when the crash occured such as an open sysax scheduler window?
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 13:30
What do you mean crash? The dos prompt for debug FTP is there and without any message after "sysaxsched=2Edbg=2Eexe /debug". Not sure sysax scheduler window has been openning or not. I am going to run the FTP debug again and make sure that no sysax scheduler window will be openned this time.
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 13:30
I have tried twice yesterday. The debug version ftp always executed for a while and stopped. No crash happened and no control panel opened. Please see the attached log files
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 13:31   Last Edited By: sysaxsupport
Thank you for the additional log files. Our developers are analyzing the debug log files. It looks like they might either issue a fix if they have enough information at this point or have another debug version for download.

Our developers were able to identify and fix the problem. I have uploaded both debug and release versions of the scheduler executable. I would suggest that you run using sysaxsched.debug.exe /debug for a couple of days until you are that the bug has been fixed and then replace the original sysaxsched.exe and start the scheduler service.
You need to download the following file

Please let us know if you still run into scheduler problems.

Copyright © 2021 Codeorigin, LLC - All Rights Reserved.
XML RSS 2.0 XML Atom 1.0