Sysax Product Forums / Sysax Multi Server / Bugs and Feature Requests / Authentication
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 13:35
Is your server product capable of generating a shared key that can be used by a mainframe or will a Versign SSL certificate be required.
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 13:36
Before I try to answer your question, can you tell me what you mean by a shared key? Is it a self generated SSL certificate? I am assuming that you want to use SSL for FTPS
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 13:36   Last Edited By: sysaxsupport
I am thinking that it would be something along the line of the shared key used by SFTP over SSH.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 13:40
You can generate a self signed SSL certificate. But you do not need this if you plan to configure the server for SSH/SFTP. It is needed only for SSL/FTPS
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 13:40
That is what I needed. We will be using FTPS over SSL. Once the mainframe is configured, I will begin evaluating your product.
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 13:41
Please let us know if you need any help during the evaluation.

Copyright © 2021 Codeorigin, LLC - All Rights Reserved.
XML RSS 2.0 XML Atom 1.0