Sysax Product Forums / Sysax Multi Server / Bugs and Feature Requests / Cannot start service
Posted:  06 Nov 2008 11:26
I have installed a trial edition on Windows 2003 server and get an error starting the service. The log states that "Could not listen on port 22". Is there anyway I can check to see what is listening on port 22? I have no other SSH software installed. Thanks
Posted:  06 Nov 2008 11:31
The first thing I would suggest is to change the port to something else and see if you can start the server and connect to it. This will confirm if there is indeed another application that is already listening on port 22 in your computer.
Posted:  06 Nov 2008 11:40
I've realised that I have selected 2 items both using port 22. I am setting this up for a new client to allow them to securely send us documents, is there a way I can set them up to use the standard Windows FTP command line program, but obviously more securely?  I have installed coreFTP, but I think they would be happier using a command line from FTP.
Thanks
Posted:  06 Nov 2008 11:43
The first thing I would suggest is to change the port to something else and see if you can start the server and connect to it. This will confirm if there is indeed another application that is already listening on port 22 in your computer.
Posted:  06 Nov 2008 11:48
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.

Tikit Ltd, Africa House, 64 -78 Kingsway, London, WC2B 6=
AH.
Registered in England No:2885516
Posted:  06 Nov 2008 11:50
Looks like you have figured out the problem with the server not starting. As for command line secure ftp, our sysax ftp automation product ships with a command line tool called sysaxftp.exe that is a direct secure replacement for the windows ftp.exe tool. After you install the program you should be able to access it by typing in sysaxftp from a dos prompt. You can look at the Console manual that ships with it for usage information. You can also file support tickets if you run into any issues.
Posted:  06 Nov 2008 11:53
I've realised that I have selected 2 items both using port 22. I am setting this up for a new client to allow them to securely send us documents, is there a way I can set them up to use the standard Windows FTP command line program, but obviously more securely? I have installed coreFTP, but I think they would be happier using a command line from FTP.
Thanks

Copyright © 2021 Codeorigin, LLC - All Rights Reserved.
XML RSS 2.0 XML Atom 1.0