Sysax Product Forums / Sysax Multi Server / Bugs and Feature Requests / problem with SSL
Posted:  06 Nov 2008 12:48   Last Edited By: sysaxsupport
Hi, I am currently having problem with ssl cert. I bought the ssl cert but it won't work. How do get generate private key (CSR) for this server?
thanks
Posted:  06 Nov 2008 12:53
First of all, a CSR is a certificate signing request. This is not dependent on the server in any way. You should generate a CSR using the tool that the company issuing the certificate recommends.
Once you have received the actual certificate, you will need to convert it to pem format to install it for use by Sysax multi Server. What kind of error are you seeing?
Posted:  06 Nov 2008 12:57
CSR that I created using windows ftp because there is no other way that I can create CSR using Sysax. Once, I received cert and changed to .pem and imported it into the server, I couldn't get in by saying Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. I have contacted Thawte (the company) and was told that CSR created using windows and use for Sysax won't work.
when you said "convert to pem format" meaning changed to .pem extension?
Posted:  06 Nov 2008 12:58
A SSL certificate does not depend on Windows FTP or any other software. So you should be able to install this on Sysax Server.
What format did you get your SSL certificate in? Depending on the format, you may need to use a tool such as openssl to convert it to pem format.
Posted:  11 Dec 2009 13:37
Hi all,

my cert also does not work. Following steps are already done:

- created a csr with openssl
- got a cert from the CA
- converted this cert to .pfx format
- converted the pfx file to pem format

When I assign to the pem file in the multi server contol panel and restart the service, I get a browser error "this page cannot be displayed". When I return using the self-created cert, it works again.

Does anybody have a solution for this problem?

pre-thx

Feyzi
Posted:  18 Dec 2009 12:35
A step by step guide to exporting and installing the ssl certificate is now available at

http://www.sysax.com/server/serversslcert.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------
Windows FTP Server Solutions Simplified
Posted:  09 Jun 2010 20:26
These instructions are for Exporting a cert. The cert I got from a CA isn't in Windows certificate Manager. How to proceed?
Posted:  17 Jun 2010 18:09
If you used IIS to generate the CSR, you will need to export the certificate and the private key from IIS.

Copyright © 2021 Codeorigin, LLC - All Rights Reserved.
XML RSS 2.0 XML Atom 1.0