Sysax Product Forums / Sysax Multi Server / Bugs and Feature Requests / FTP service
Posted:  07 Nov 2008 09:21
I am not sure this is your software or not as it is listed a Radley FTP service but I thought I would give you a shout anyway. We have a system that upon reboot the FTP service manages to lock out the account on a Linux system. My question is can the service be delayed on a reboot or have you seen this issue before. The Windows server is 2003. Thank you.
Posted:  07 Nov 2008 09:23
I will need some background information from you.
I am unfamiliar with the name "Radley FTP". How did you identify this as our product?
Also, could you explain why you suspect that a ftp service running on a windows machine would interfere with a linux system account?
Posted:  07 Nov 2008 09:27
There is a very good chance this is not your product but will searching for possible suspects your product/company was about as close as I could
get to a real source.
So the first order of business, so as not to waste your time, is to determine if it is indeed your product. What would provide me that clue,
service name, install folder, listing in add/remove programs?
As for what is happening...The service on the Windows servers connects to the HP-UX server and pulls files from it. Anecdotal evidence so far
indicates that the HP-UX ftp account gets locked out after the Windows server is rebooted.=20
I know that does not make sense and I cannot put together a scenario where that could happen. I will be scheduling a reboot today or tomorrow
while the SA's on the HP-UX system monitor the activity.
Thanks again,
If this is not your product I apologize for the interruption.
Posted:  07 Nov 2008 09:29
Do you see any of the following executable files in the installation folder:
sysaxftp.exe
sysaxservd.exe
ftpshell.exe
ftpshelld.exe
Posted:  07 Nov 2008 09:59
Well I guess I can stop wasting your time...None of the executables are present the one that is rc_ftpw.exe, not even a far fetched match.
The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally
privileged.
Posted:  07 Nov 2008 10:02
If you do want to try out our SSH2/FTP server or ftp automation products, please remember that we offer a free 30 day trial.
Posted:  07 Nov 2008 10:06
I will keep that in mind if we cannot make the current solution viable.
Thank You.

Copyright © 2021 Codeorigin, LLC - All Rights Reserved.
XML RSS 2.0 XML Atom 1.0