Sysax Product Forums / Sysax FTP Automation / Bugs and Feature Requests / Public key auth
Posted:  07 Nov 2008 11:32
I need your help. I've been away from this for awhile but let me bring you up to date. Let me start by saying that I would like to continue to use SYSAX if I can. It is the standard that I've build all our FTP strategy around. However, I haven't be able to get your software to work. Here is the scenario:

1) we created our private/public keys using:
# Create the private key 'openssl genrsa -out ccna_rsa_key.pem -des3 1024'
#Create the public key 'openssl rsa -pubout -in ccna_rsa_key.pem -out public_ccna_rsa_key.pem'
2) We try to download our daily cash file from Bank of America we get a error "An error occurred during key exchange".

Since we could not get past this, we starting using Putty FTP and it works just fine. The only difference was that we had to create a .PPK key for Putty versus a .PEM file for SYSAX. So my question is what are we doing wrong that our key will not work with SYSAX but it works fine with PUTTY. Are we specifying an incorrect parameter in our openssl commands? Appreciate your help.
Thanks
Posted:  07 Nov 2008 11:34   Last Edited By: sysaxsupport
Yes, we would like to get closure to the issue also.
What is the command line that you use to invoke putty ftp with the key file? Can you provide us with sample generated keys. Also once you created the ppk files for putty, did ypu try using puttygen to export the same files to pem format?
Also, is there any way for a developer to access a test account on the server to debug this?

------------------------------------------------
File Transfer Software and FTP Server Download
Posted:  07 Nov 2008 11:35
The PuttySFTP command line I used in testing was:
psftp -v -i C:cygwinhomejohnnkeysid_rsa.ppk
UserName@elink-sshftp.bankofamerica.com

I did try to export the key from puttygen but the conversion doesn't say that it's a PEM key but I did name it .pem. We didn't try using it though.

I had Dan try using that pem file against my personal OpenSSH server using SYSAXE and that worked so I had him try also against Bank of America and that exported key file seems to work OK.
Posted:  07 Nov 2008 11:36   Last Edited By: sysaxsupport
That is good news. I was just going to say that you could load the key into puttygen and then click on "conversions->export openssh key" to get the pem file.
But it looks like you've already got this working.

------------------------------------------------
Large File Transfer Solutions

Copyright © 2021 Codeorigin, LLC - All Rights Reserved.
XML RSS 2.0 XML Atom 1.0