Sysax Product Forums / Sysax Multi Server / Bugs and Feature Requests / how to connect without a password
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 10:37
I've jst download the SSH program from your site and want to trying it out before we buy it.
have a question for you. How can i setup so that i can connect from my HP-UX to the windows 2000 (ssh server) without typing a password.
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 10:44
I was testing the connection from HP-UX to windows. it worked fine but asking for a password.
Please help me to configure the connection without a password.
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 10:49
I believe that you want to use public key authentication to connect without a password. For this, you will need to generate a RSA or DSA keypair and then copy the public key to the server. When setting up custom accounts, you need to specify the path to the file that contains the public key (Pub Key Auth (SSH) box).
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 10:53
It is working now. Appreciated! This screen did not allow me to add any addresses at all. Is it because I have a trial version?
Good to hear that you have public key authentication working. I am not clear on which screen you are referring to for adding addresses.
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 10:59
Attachment: sshscreens.doc (0 kb) 
Thank-you Alex for all you support. The script that using SSH to connect from UNIX to windows and run a bat
file from windows. The connection was fine. only problem was, it ran everything in the home
dir "c:AAA" the home that i defined in ssh on windows side.

#.testconn.sh (this file on HP-UX)
#!/bin/sh
sleep 2;
ssh -T IS-TOMQ-XP< test.bat
EOF

on windows the home dir is C:AAA
test.bat
rename tom.test tom.log=20
(this one was working fine as long as all the files were in c:AAA

but if the test.bat
rename tom.test c:a om.log
then it did not work.

my question:
how can i put the bat file outside the home_dir and still be able to
call it from unix script.
and please correct the syntax for test.bat

test.bat
cp C: estsys.log c: omsys.log and what is the difference between Enterprise and professional version.
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 11:05   Last Edited By: sysaxsupport
I was not able to receive your screenshots.doc document. Could you email it to us?
The professional edition allows you to run only one protocol at a time (eg. ftp or ssh or telnet) while the enterprise edition lets you run multiple protocols at the same time.

Copyright © 2021 Codeorigin, LLC - All Rights Reserved.
XML RSS 2.0 XML Atom 1.0