Sysax Product Forums / Sysax FTP Automation / Bugs and Feature Requests / File access related..
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 13:32
Currently, i wish to upload a set of files to another server and create a log of uploaded files.
Here is how i do it..
fileopen read, "inputFile.txt"
fileopen append, "output.txt"

loop 4 begin
filereadline ~fileName;
filewriteline ~fileName;
end

fileclose;

In this, the access to file gives erratic behaviour. What i want to achieve is to append a line to a log file after uploading successfully. There seems to be a problem with this.
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 13:33   Last Edited By: sysaxsupport
During script execution, only one file can be open for processing at a time. Can you try reading all items first into variables from the first file, close it, and thenopen the second file for appending and then write to it?

---------------------------------------------------------
File Transfer Protocol and Windows SFTP Server
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 13:33
The idea seems ok. But, how does this mean, i need to use so many variables to hold the values read? Or how do i pump the read values in a List?
Alternatively, i can hold the upload result in a variable also and keep on  append untill all the uploads are over.
But, after each upload, i need a CR and LB in the variable. How do i achieve this?
Posted:  08 Nov 2008 13:34   Last Edited By: sysaxsupport
I have passed this on to our developers. Basically it looks like you need to have multiple files open simultaneously or have a mechanism to read and store the entire contents of a file.

------------------------------------------------
SFTP Server Windows Solutions

Copyright © 2021 Codeorigin, LLC - All Rights Reserved.
XML RSS 2.0 XML Atom 1.0