Sysax Product Forums / Sysax Multi Server / General Discussion / Updating Sysax Software
Posted:  02 Aug 2010 20:04
Hi, I was wondering exactly how I should go about updating the Sysax software. When I try to run the .msi of the newest release (July 5th), I get a Windows error stating that there is already an instance of Sysax multiserver installed on the machine. We would really like to update our product, and are a little disconcerted about uninstalling it for fear of losing innumerable amounts of configuration. Is there an update utility? Or maybe a guide located somewhere? Thanks!
Posted:  08 Feb 2011 22:44
Here are the steps to update Sysax Multi Server:

1. Uninstall the existing version of Sysax Multi Server using the uninstall option in the Sysax Multi Server Start Menu
2. Download the latest version of the software installer package from the sysax.com website.
3. Start the installation process by double clicking on the downloaded installer package.
4. Once the installation is complete, you will need to open the Sysax Multi Server control panel and load your license key again

Your previous server settings should be preserved during the update process. However, you may additionally backup your server settings as a precaution by copying over the contents of the codeorigin\SysaxServer folder in the application data folder. For example, in Windows XP, this path would be C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Codeorigin\SysaxServer. In Windows Vista/7/2008, this path would be C:\ProgramData\Codeorigin\SysaxServer

------------------------
FTP Server solutions simplified

Copyright © 2021 Codeorigin, LLC - All Rights Reserved.
XML RSS 2.0 XML Atom 1.0